- Poor and not consistent self-regulatory framework for mediators’ profession;
- Lack of common quality indicators of mediation services.
- To analyse existing regulatory and self-regulatory approaches in order to introduce common criteria for the sustainable quality of mediation profession, taking into account, inter alia, standards for initial and continuous training accreditation and certification, complaint mechanisms against mediators and other relevant aspects;
- To identify abovementioned best practice modes;
- To consider setting up appropriate independent and representative bodies in each country, such as chambers of mediators or similar bodies with self-regulatory powers concerning mediation profession.
Read more ...